Where are the jobs?All campus offices who will be hiring students to begin on-campus employment in Fall 2015 have been asked to post their job opportunities in AU Career Connect. As of the time of this posting, departments around campus are currently seeking over 139 new student employees for 28 different student jobs.
AU Career Connect is Ashland University's own online job database where you can view and apply for work study positions on campus, full-time professional and internship opportunities, as well as temporary and seasonal jobs off-campus.
New users of the system will need to register for an account before they may proceed.
For step-by-step instructions on how to register for AU Career Connect, complete your profile, upload a resume, search for on-campus employment, and apply for a job, please refer to the Student Guide to AU Career Connect or view our video Introduction to AU Career Connect.
- Incoming students attending summer Drive-In Orientation Sessions can find information on AU Career Connect on pages 44-45 of the Orientation Guidebook and at the "Navigating Information Technology" student session, which every group will attend at either 1PM or 2PM.
Creating a ResumeNew students, if you are developing a resume for the first time, you may wish to consult the Resume Writing Guide, which is available on the Career Services site in the MyAU Portal. At the very least, we would encourage you to make sure your resume:
- Includes your name and contact information (mail, phone, and @ashland.edu email address)
- Lists Ashland University, your anticipated degree, major, and expected graduation date within the Education section
- Presents your experience, which could include work experience, involvement in clubs or student organizations, and volunteer experience (See the Resume Writing Guide for examples)
- Looks visually appealing and contains no spelling or typographical errors
If you would a staff member from the Career Services Center to review a draft of your resume, please contact our office at 419.289.5064.